Early Childhood Development (SAQA ID: 97542) – NQF LEVEL 4
SAQA ID: 97542 | NQF LEVEL 4 | CREDITS 131
This is an entry-level Qualification for those who want to enter the field of Education, Training and
Development, specifically within the sub-field of Early Childhood Development (ECD). This Qualification will enable you to facilitate the holistic (all-round) development of young children in a manner that is sensitive to culture and individual needs (including special needs), and allow you to provide quality early childhood development services for children in a variety of contexts, including community-based services, play groups, ECD centres, at home and in any other ECD educational institutions.
The primary purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to operate as an Early Childhood Development Practitioner. An Early Childhood Development Practitioner plans and prepares early childhood activities, facilitates and mediates learning, observes and assesses the progress of children, and reflects on learning in an inclusive, play-based environment to support holistic development of children (from conception – school going) in different centre-based or non-centre based settings.
The career field that is applicable when obtaining this qualification is:
An ECD Practitioner in a variety of Early Childhood Development Services, i.e. Home based, Non-centre based ECD Centres and other ECD educational institutions.
- Modules 17
- Quizzes 0
- Students 2
- Assessments Self
- KNOWLEDGE MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO THE EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT SECTOR
- Assignment 1
- KNOWLEDGE MODULE 2: THEORIES AND PERSPECTIVES OF CHILD DEVELOPMENT
- Assignment 2
- KNOWLEDGE MODULE 3: PLANNING AND PROGRAMME DEVELOPMENT IN EARLY CHILDHOOD SETTINGS
- Assignment 3
- KNOWLEDGE MODULE 4: FACILITATION AND MEDIATION OF ACTIVE LEARNING
- Assignment 4
- KNOWLEDGE MODULE 5: OBSERVATION AND ASSESSMENT IN EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT
- Assignment 5
- KNOWLEDGE MODULE 6: PROMOTION OF HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELL-BEING OF CHILDREN
- Assignment 6
- KNOWLEDGE MODULE 7: ADMINISTRATION OF EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT SERVICES AND PROGRAMMES
- Assignment 7
- Practical Module 1: Plan and prepare inclusive educational activities and routines using an approved programme based on the curriculum framework
- Practical Module 2: Facilitate and Mediate Active Learning in an Integrated and Holistic Learning Programme
- Practical Module 3: Observe, Assess, Record and Report each Child’s Progress According the Age and Stage.
- Practical Module 4: Support and Promote the Health, Nutrition, Safety, Protection and well-being of children.
- Practical Module 5: Build and Maintain Collaborative Relationships with Parents and other Services Providers.
- Practical Module 6: Prepare and Maintain Administrative System.
- Workplace Module 1: Learning Programme and Routines Planning and Preparation Process
- Workplace Module 2: Processes of Facilitationing and Mediating the Learning Programme in a Variety of Contexts.
- Workplace Module 3: Processes of Observation, Assessment, Recording and Reporting on Children’s Learning and Development.
- Workplace Module 4: Processes and procedures of promoting the Health Nutrition, Safety, Protection and Wellbeing of Children in an Early Childhood Development Setting.